274. Came upon a large structural artwork in a redeveloped part of town that was once industrial wasteland. Each of the 36 massive pillars has water dribbling down from the top and dripping heavily on the ground. Its name is LESS. By Chilean architect Pezo von Ellrichshausen.
275. Daylight saving began today and I was completely unaware until I looked at the time on my phone later this morning. This is the first time in my life I haven’t been prepared for it.
276. Today I saw five grass parrots in the grass and one butterfly on my butterfly bush.
277. I drove behind a car this morning that had 2 identical stickers on the back that said “The closer you get the slower I go.” He was doing 36 kph in a 60 zone.
278. Today I received a record confirming my convict ancestor is buried in a small church graveyard in Sydney. I’ve been looking for him for 7 years.
279. Walked into a small department store today and was confronted by a mass of creepy Halloween paraphernalia. And today is only the 6th October, several weeks before the actual Halloween date. Even the local hairdresser has decorated her salon with the stuff. Until a few years ago, Australians didn’t celebrate this at all.
280. It has rained for 3 days and 3 nights. In 25 years I’ve never seen the rain continue for so long without a break in this dry city.