99. At Lake Burley Griffin today I saw 2 unusual things: this man and his children rowing a wooden boat, and the Beijing Garden across the water. I’d be the only person in this city who hasn’t ever been to it. 100. Today is the 100th day of this year. 101. Asked my Chinese studentContinue reading “365 Unusual Things: 99-105”
92. Today is the last day of daylight saving. Until October. 93. I was taking this photo of some learner boats on the lake today when an old sailing instructor asked me if I’d like to learn to sail. Ah, no, I said. 94. Gave a student of migrant English an oral spelling test today.Continue reading “365 Unusual Things: 92-98”
85. Today at a landscaping place I learned you can buy dust.
78. This Indian bike was parked beside a snake warning sign outside a café where I had lunch today. 79. Saw Crushed Snow White in the hardware store and felt a twinge of sadness. 80. Saw a police car today with the registration plate NO RUSH. 81. Stepped onto a small beach used as aContinue reading “365 Unusual Things: 78-84”
71. A barista in a café decorated each of my family’s coffees with a different pattern on its froth, a Pegasus, a seahorse, and a swan. 72. I went out into my front yard tonight and discovered a small, brightly lit, Persian grocery store has opened directly opposite my house and I didn’t know it.Continue reading “365 Unusual Things: 71-77”
29. In the large medical centre where I’ve just had my Covid vaccination booster, every door was open to the fresh air. Unusual in these days of air conditioning everywhere. 30. Saw a swamphen building a nest out of bulrushes.