288. Watched an adult woman climb a rock-climbing wall in a children’s playground. 289. Saw two boys who had caught a yellow fish at the pond. Possibly a type of goldfish, grown large out of the fishbowl. 290. Went to a pub named Sirens which is opposite the Ambulance/Police/Fire Brigade building. 291. Received some freeContinue reading “365 Unusual Things: 288-294”
281. After the constant rain of the past days, a local stream has flooded and a little bridge is under a heap of water. I couldn’t continue my walk. 282. Our son gave us a coffee tamper to use with our Italian manual coffee machine (which he also chose). He assured us the expensive tamperContinue reading “365 Unusual Things: 281-287”
218. Went to the new Nepalese café in my street and saw a painting of dancers in Kathmandu, signed Painter Krishna. Also saw a large photo of the Nepalese royal family who were assassinated in 2001. 219. Watched a band rehearse this morning where the woman at the microphone was singing and knitting at theContinue reading “365 Unusual Things: 218-224”
169. I was the oldest woman at a women’s conference today. Sat in a section of seating alone, surrounded by empty chairs. This was unusual. 170. At a morning tea, there was a promise of brownies, but they had been cut into one-inch cubes to make them go further. 171. A South American woman askedContinue reading “365 Unusual Things: 169 – 175”
43. Today I saw two signs beside a pond, 20 metres apart, one warning the water is shallow (no swimming or diving), the other the water is deep (no swimming or diving).